The Grounding Cord

The Grounding Cord blog is a forum for the ever-widening community studying and teaching the psychic development techniques of authors, teachers and psychics John Friedlander and Gloria Hemsher.

This blog is a place, outside of classes and weekend workshops, to discuss meditation, clearing energy, the chakras and layers of the aura, the Seven Planes and other related topics.

John has made only one request for those writing to this blog: No politics.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Fertilizer for the Journey of Your Soul

Debi Cain shares this insight triggered by a passage from Shepherd Hoodwin's book and a recent dream.

Shepherd asked his clients to share their experiences with Michael and their teachings and one (un-named) client wrote the following:
"Thank you for being such a kind and gracious guide on my first journey into my being. You and Michael have planted a seed that no foul weather can uproot or destroy. I know that the path to growth will not be easy, but from now on I will realize that the "shit" I go through is really fertilizer for growing a wiser, more loving me."

Is that last line the BEST! About a month ago, I shared a "poop" dream with John and couldn't resist sending this "discovery" to him. My guides sure have a different sense of humor, but they found what worked to get me to "face my shit!"

I walked into a public ladies restroom and the toilets in all five stalls were full of poop -- I mean towering over the top. As I turned to walk out, totally grossed out, I remembered my dad telling me his grandfather told him if he fears something, he needs to touch it and then he won't fear it anymore.

So, back into the ladies room I went. I went into each stall and flushed each toilet. As I flushed each one, I felt I was showing it I'm not afraid of it versus trying to get rid of it. As I thought about it the next morning, I realized I'm finally ready to "face my shit". So, now I have a new motto: The "shit" I go through is really fertilizer for growing a wiser, more loving me."

Citation: "The Journey of Your Soul" by Shepherd Hoodwin, Page 373, Appendix C -- Comments from Client Letters.

2 comments:

Admin said...

This is wonderful! Thanks for sharing.
Ri

Anonymous said...

Debi;

When I was a younger man - early in my sales career - I would prepare for cold calls through self talk ... I would say to myself "face the tiger, for once he gets to know you, he will be yours for life"!

Thanks for reminding me of those days ... I forgot!!!

C

Recent Comments

Blog Archive